Thursday, August 11, 2016

Update

Just want to keep everyone posted.
I am feeling pretty good. I have more energy and less fatigue which motivates me to do more stuff.
Unfortunately, despite my protestations they lowered my oral chemo dose again, albeit by a small amount. When I started the clinical trial I was taking 1250 mg of Tarceva twice a week and 50 msg the rest of the week. I am now taking 900 mg for the pulse doses and continue the 50 mg for the rest of the week. They lowered the dosages because of the continued eye and skin infections, which bother the doctors more than they bother me.
CT scans and MRI in two weeks. Hopefully the cancer won't grow.

I am also officially retiring from the courts at the end of the month. I have not been at work since January third and will be going in to clean up my desk soon.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you are getting a sufficient retirement package to ease your concerns about work and so you can concentrate on getting well. You can always find another job later - maybe a second career! I hope your next set of scans eases your mind about the adjusted dosage. Hugs from afar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the advantages of working for New York State, is despite the fact that we will never be rich, my income will be almost the same when I retire than when I work.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the positive thoughts, as for a second career, I will be working on writing the next great American novel as well as volunteering. That should keep me out of too much trouble.

      Delete
  2. Keeping those tefillos coming your way!

    ReplyDelete